Lower Back Pain Relief
The area of signs and symptoms originating from the lumbar spine can present and radiate into the upper and lower back, buttock region, hip, knee, upper and lower leg, ankle and foot. It can also present symptoms into the stomach, groin and peroneal region (saddle region).
It can affect functions such as sitting, walking, ascending and descending steps, lavatory function, coughing, sneezing, sleeping, bending and lifting. If you have any signs and symptoms in these areas, a proper assessment and diagnosis is needed to treat your condition.
Diagnosis is your doctor’s responsibility. Assessment and correct treatment is your physical therapist’s responsibility. At manhattanptandpain.com many diagnoses and differential diagnoses are assessed and treatable, such as:
- Lumbar strains and sprains
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Lumbar radiculopathy (sciatica)
- Lumbar disc herniation and prolapse
- Spondylitis (arthritis)
- Spondylosis (degenerative disc disease)
- Sacro-iliac arthritis (hip and pelvic pain)
- Lumbar instability
- Spinal canal stenosis (narrowing of the spine)
- Hypomobility lesions (facet joint syndrome/stiff back/Strains and sprains)